Daily Mail

In the thank you letter, dated July 8, 1964, Eliot, then 75, thanked his
younger friend for the dinner at his home in Neville Road, Cambridge.
Eliot, who had attended Oxford University, commented how Cambridge was
'just as I remember it, a very beautiful town' and joked about a debate in
which Laude, 20, corrected him on the meaning of the word 'changeling'.
He then went on to say how much he had enjoyed meeting Cumberleylaude, who
he described as a 'particularly fastidious eater without doubt, but a
dignified and beautiful cat'.

'Cats,' which tells the story of a tribe of cats called the Jellicles and
the night they decide which cat will ascend to the Heaviside Layer and come
back to a new life, is the fourth longest-running West End musical and
third-longest in Broadway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3300035/Lost-T-S-Eliot-poem-culinary-lout-cat-Cumberleylaude-roamed-streets-search-fine-food-unearthed-50-years.html

CR