I observed a single Bobolink this morning in the hayfield across the lake from the Green Hills Golf course on the edge of town. Looks like this would be a record late date. There was also an Eastern Phoebe still around, as well as  Marsh and Sedge Wrens, Song, Swamp, Savannah, Lincoln's, Field, Fox, White-throated, and White-crowned Sparrows, DE Junco, and a possible Am. Tree Sparrow that I didn't quite get a good enough look at. But no LeConte's Sparrows where I usually find them.

a couple of days ago I had a nice bunch of Shorebirds for late October at a private wetland in Linn Co. This included Least, Pectoral, and Stilt Sandpipers, Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs, 60 Wilson's Snipe, and of course Killdeer. There were several hundred dabbling Ducks, mostly Green-winged Teal, Shovelers, and Pintails. Couple dozen each White Pelicans and Ring-billed Gulls, but no Great Egrets remaining here either. Good number of Tree Swallows low over the water,  and four American Pipits feeding along the shoreline. Still a couple of Common Yellowthroats in the marsh as well as 10 Marsh Wrens. lots of Swamp Sparrows, plus Song, a Lincoln's, and Fox, White-crowned, and White-throated around the edges. I only saw one Bald eagle and a single male Northern Harrier this time.

Later, Steve KinderChillicothe, Livingston [log in to unmask]