No need for apologies. Levity reigns in the world of rare books.

We did get $90 for a mimeographed pamphlet by Huey Newton that cost 15cents new!

Carrol

 -----Original Message-----

From: T. S. Eliot Discussion forum. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Dillane
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 6:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Earliest Known Draft of King James Bible Is Found, Scholar Says

I apologise for my levity in advance folks. I worked in the rare book trade for a while and the bain of that business is the person who thinks an old bible has commercial value, the standard response in house when a call came in was "is it a first edition signed by god otherwise  let them know we are not interested" perhaps we missed a few 17th century notebooks along with the incunabulae by our boorishness

cheers Pete