Just a quote, if you like.

"Yet, we need not choose," as (Gregory S.) Jay concludes, "between Old Possum and Saint Thomas". Indeed, herein I present an Eliot in whom these and other figures perpetually contend, and whose work, in all its brilliancy, fascination, dazzling insight, and maddening blindness, issues from the contest.

-- David Chinitz, 'T.S. Eliot and the Cultural Divide,' p.7

CR