Pound must've been outrightly impressed by the Old Possum's evasive tactics in 'Prufrock':

To lead you to an overwhelming question….
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”

And would it have been worth it, after all,
Would it have been worth while,
After the sunsets and the dooryards and the sprinkled streets,
After the novels, after the teacups, after the skirts that trail along the floor—
And this, and so much more?—
It is impossible to say just what I mean!

Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

CR