I'm curious about how you find this.

__Eliot did not write "Memory": it is the one song in the musical that is not from Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats or any Eliot text.
__"Memory" does take some images from "Preludes" and "Rhapsody on a Windy Night," both written long before the conversion and when Eliot was still influenced by Bergson.

__It is, in any case, a well-known fact that cats have nine lives and so are frequently reborn.

__But if this is to be another imposed idea, I do like that the resurrected cat is a woman.
Nancy

>>> Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]>10/08/15 10:34 AM >>>
Eliot's engagement with "cats" points towards another, higher end.

"With the drawing of this Love and the voice of this Calling

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."