Not at all. That is not how he spoke of them--not at all indifferent. He wrote a friend asking if they could take care of a cat of which he and Viv were very fond.

And no one could write the Cats poems who did not care about cats a lot and know them well. I cannot imagine where you got this idea, but it does not fit Eliot's own language.
Nancy

>>> Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]>10/07/15 11:13 AM >>>
Eliot would certainly find a certain affinity with cats, a little more detached, distant, quiet and indifferent, at least apparently.

CR

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015, Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
That is simply not true. Anyone who is loving to cats is loved in return, and they are wonderful companions. They act differently than dogs, but they are not less connected or companionable--as Eliot clearly knew.

Anyone who loves cats will tell you that, so I won't bore you with a series of stories about my very loving, companionable, and wonderful cat friends.
Nancy

>>> Chanan Mittal 10/07/15 10:35 AM >>>
Certainly much more companionable.

CR