I learned today that Guy Story Brown, former list member and man of many
accomplishments, passed away this past July 30. I hardly know what to
say about him, especially with so few current listers having been on the
forum in 1998 when his "Ultimate Burbank" posts appeared -- except that
I think now as then that he was the most accomplished reader of Eliot,
and radically so, that the world has produced. It is a detail that the
world does not yet know it, but that will change, as he might have put
it, "in due time."

There are of course obituaries on the Net, but this one was produced by
his family if any of you are interested in seeing it:

http://www.guystorybrown.com/

Rest in Peace, Guy.
Your poorer student,
Ken Armstrong