So the KS Listserv had someone reporting a flock of Whooping Cranes from Kill Creek Park back on April 8.  I had someone come in today to report a flock of Whooping Cranes from early September flying over their house in Lees Summit.  They submitted a report of two groups of Whooping Cranes in one flock flying over Lees Summit, Missouri.  I did try to go over the argument of pelican vs. whooping crane, they're not in our flight path, etc...  However, being from Texas and frequent visitors to Aransas, they are not accepting they were pelicans.  So has anyone else seen a flock of Whooping Cranes?  LOL

Doesn't hurt to report to see what happens, right?

Christine Kline
Kansas City, Missouri - Cass County

---