I observed the immature BRPE again this morning at the refuge. It was on one of the big dirt mounds with White Pelicans and DC Cormorants. It tends to stay on the edge of the other birds so it can be seen with a scope. I observed it from the east levee and also from the wood observation platform on the south side of Swan Lake. Some of the other birds seen today-

Wood Duck, Mallard, Blue-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail, and Green-winged Teal
Least Bittern -1 Great Egret- 55, GB Heron - 45 with 30 in one spot
Sora - 10
Marsh Wren - 12
Red-headed Woodpecker - lots in the woods
Forester's Tern - 1
Bald Eagle, Northern Harrier -3-4, Cooper's Hawk, Red-shouldered Hawk, Red-tailed Hawk
No shorebirds except Killdeer
Coyote
Watched a large Bobcat cross the road south of the campground at Pershing SP yesterday and walk through the yard by the Park Superintends house. Enjoyed my first Persimmon of the year yesterday also,so I know it's really Fall now!

Later,
Steve Kinder