I stood on the observation deck on south side of Swan Lake and watched the
immature Brown Pelican fly slowly across the lake from left to right,
appearing to land just beyond my line of sight. (Of course!)  Gimpitis
prevented my walking the east levee to see if it was visible from there.
But the light was good and I got very good looks with my scope of the bird
in flight. They fly nicely for following with optics.  The smaller size
compared to American White Pelican was obvious.   The whites were flying in
groups; the brown, alone.

In South Pool, to the east of the road there were Mallards, a few Northern
Shovelers, a couple of Greater Yellowlegs, and a solitary Solitary
Sandpiper.  Also there, at the back, were at least 6 dark ibises,
silhouetted against the morning sun.   Full list on ebird.

June Newman
Carrollton