The Thursday group was able to add a few more species in the morning.  We had two Black and Whites, a Wilson's, and a Black-throated Green Warbler, two Red-eyed Vireos, and a Baltimore Oriole, but it was hard work.  The Grand end did not have much, but we found a Yellow-billed Cuckoo and a Hairy Woodpecker across the street from Jack's pond.  Horseshoe Lake had a few distant Forster's Terns and Ring-billed Gulls and Cormorants.  Riverlands produced an Osprey in the slough between the highway and Lincoln-Shields.
David Becher
Saint Louis

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:07:09 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tower Grove Park Wed AM
To: [log in to unmask]

What a difference a day makes. I birded the park from 7am to 830am. The migrant fallout from yesterday has moved on. That may change latter today since it looks like lots of those birds from yesterday dropped in during the afternoon
I did find a few birds in the bird garden. The best was probably a female Mourning Warbler in the mess of vines to the left of the path as you enter the garden. also had a common yellowthroat, 2 swainsons thrushes, a Redstart, a Phoebe and that was about it.
Dave HaenniDes Peres  Mo

ASM Fall Meeting: September 25-27, 2015 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park  Details and Online Registration