This evening between 6 and 8 pm as many have already witnessed, Common Nighthawks were seen overhead flying due East.

While they were awesome to watch, they weren't in the sky alone. Along with the Nighthawks was a Fish Hawk (Osprey) also flying East.

Also of note were the many birds in the treetops at the edge of our yard. It was as if the birds were dripping from the branches as they hunted insects/worms. Get this, I was too busy with a project that I'm trying to finish and didn't grab my binoculars to try to ID them. I knew that if I had given in to my curiosity I'd not have done a lick of work as to the number of birds in the trees. None called, only flitted about.

Good birding!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO