Hello Missouri Birders:  After only reading about all the good shorebirds at Columbia Bottom CA (St. Louis County) the last couple of weeks I was finally able to get up there myself today (30 August) before they all got any further south.

Lots to pick through, and I am sure I missed many.

Of the 14 shorebird species I observed, highlights for me included:
2 - Buff-breasted Sandpipers
1 - Western Sandpiper
3 - Baird's Sandpipers

A single juv. FRANKLIN'S GULL was mixed in with Ring-billed Gulls, as well as 3 CASPIAN TERNS.

Here is my complete eBird checklist with a stellar photo of the juv. Franklin's Gull:  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S24821148

Good Birding,
Josh

Joshua Uffman