Hello Missouri Birders:  After only reading about all the good shorebirds at Columbia Bottom CA (St. Louis County) the last couple of weeks I was finally able to get up there myself today (30 August) before they all got any further south.
Lots to pick through, and I am sure I missed many.
Of the 14 shorebird species I observed, highlights for me included:  2 - Buff-breasted Sandpipers1 - Western Sandpiper3 - Baird's Sandpipers
A single juv. FRANKLIN'S GULL was mixed in with Ring-billed Gulls, as well as 3 CASPIAN TERNS.
Here is my complete eBird checklist with a stellar photo of the juv. Franklin's Gull:  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S24821148
Good Birding,Josh Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO
Missouri Bird Records:  www.showme-birds.com

ASM Fall Meeting: September 25-27, 2015 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park