ST. LOUIS AUDUBON SOCIETY CARLYLE PELAGIC TRIP-SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2015
(PELAGIC PORTION 1:00-4:00 PM).

The SLAS Carlyle Pelagic Trip will be held on Saturday September 12, 2015.
Meet at the McDonald's in Carlyle, on highway 127 near highway 50 at 7:30
am.  We will spend the morning watching for abundant migrant land birds in
Hazlet State Park and will search the lake for Sabine's Gull, Jaegers and
other rarities from the boats and from shore in the afternoon, with further
possibilities for shorebirding or landbirding as conditions warrant.  The
boat ride will begin after a break for lunch and will run from 1:00-4:00 pm,
but you MUST arrive by 12:45 am to board the boat.  SABINE'S GULL is often
seen on this trip and we've had a great run with RED PHALAROPE in recent
years, often seeing this great pelagic bird as close as 25 feet!  Another
highlight (not seen every year) is BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER.  The extra
50 miles to the east makes this bird just a little more likely!  The day
list will likely run around 90 species.  The land-based portion of the trip
is free as always.  The Pelagic Trip is $30 per person.  Make your
reservation for the Pelagic by sending an e-mail to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]  Your
reservation will be confirmed once your check is received.  Send your check,
made payable to Joe Eades to 517 Willow Lane, Kirkwood, MO 63122.  There
will be no refunds as the proceeds must cover boat rental and gas.  Bring a
hat, sunscreen, water, snacks, insect repellant (if you desire), and
comfortable walking shoes.  We also need as much popcorn as we can get our
hands on!  This really brings the gulls in around the boat for great views.
Expect several hours of walking.  Confirmed trip participants will receive
further information as the trip draws near. Trip Leader/Coordinator:  Joe
Eades ( <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask])

Thank you,

Joe Eades

Kirkwood, MO