Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary:

Pretty quiet today and that held true for Columbia Bottom, too.

Observations at RMBS included Mute Swan, Caspian Tern, Willow Flycatcher (Orton Road).  Notable quietness were Dickcissels ( only a few).

Columbia Bottom CA continues to hold Little Blue Herons in impressive numbers.  Also of note, to me anyway, were my first flock of Blue-wing Teal.  A maintenance guy, driving an ATV, stirred up around 40 Blue-wing Teal.  Dickcissel song was muted here, too.

Small numbers of Am. White Pelicans and the more common shorebirds at both locales.

Lincoln Shields is open- no Osprey.

Confluence Road is still closed.

Water is a little up at RMBS-not bad.

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co., Mo.

ASM Fall Meeting: September 25-27, 2015 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park