On Aug 3, 2015, at 13:29, Edge Wade <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> There was no one around, so I let loose with the full repertoire.

I would have bought a ticket... ;)

> If others have observed RTHUs involved in mobbing/scolding, I'd be interested in the tale.

An adult female Cooper's hunts our yard regularly, and any Ruby-throated in the vicinity are prone to join the mob.

Of course, soon we'll be seeing immature male hummers doing pendulum-arc displays to express their displeasure at other birds, chipmunks, pets, humans, rocks, and anything else they deem beneath them in the order of things. Cheeky little buggers!

Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO