A single kite was first spotted about 1 month ago soaring above our neighborhood, which was very exciting for us. Finally, our life bird from a Love's truck stop in Oklahoma has come home to roost! Haha. Since its first spotting, our eyes have been fixed to the skies over our East Alton (Rosewood Heights) home. For the past week, with some consistency, we have been seeing two kites, and once three, soaring and feeding from about 10 AM to 1 PM. It would seem very plausible that anyone from here to Riverlands (RMBS) would want to keep an eye to the sky as these birds cover such a large area. It has been a great joy to these birds again. Sorry for the late post, had we known they would be so consistent in hanging around we would have posted sooner.

Happy Birding!

Joe Friedel
653 Cherry St.
East Alton, IL 62024