I took the dog this morning for a walk down the levee into the West Zell tract at Pershing SP. Nicer walk with cooler conditions today! Observed a female Yellow Warbler, Common Yellowthroats, Bell's Vireo's, Song Sparrows, and other birds on the way to the first Cattail Marsh. There I found 2 Least Bittern and at least half a dozen Marsh Wrens. Didn't go on down to the larger Marsh at the south end where more Marsh dwellers and Pied-billed Grebes and many Wood Ducks have been. High water in all the pools so no shorebird habitat, but did see several GB Herons and 25 Great Egrets. Heard, then saw FOS Bobolink on the walk back.

Later,
Steve Kinder