Subject: IBET Marbled Godwit Kidd Lake
Date: Tue Aug 4 2015 14:17 pm
From: ILbirds-noreply AT yahoogroups.com
My dad and I found a Marbled Godwit in a flooded field at Kidd Lake. The
field is located at the intersection of Stringtown and Black Road. At
the place of intersection, Black Road is a gravel road but it quickly
turns into a dirt two track. Walk 200 feet or so towards the water and
the corn on your side will end allowing maximum viewing. The Godwit was
hanging out with the Black-necked Stilts (I counted 91). Also present
was about 1500 Pectoral Sandpipers, 7 Stilt Sandpipers, 2 Wilson's
Phalaropes, and a Dowitcher I think is a Long-billed. The entire area is
filled with good habitat. Hundreds of Great Egrets have been seen. From
Mitchie Road to Kidd Lake, I counted 67 Little  Blue Herons.

Aaron Gyllenhaal

Oak Park, IL

- See more at:
http://birding.aba.org/message.php?mesid=966723&MLID=IL&MLNM=Illinois#sthash.6ir6JwoV.dpuf