Well I guess we were having too much fun over at Cora Island Road.  I mean birders go there for the ever changing influx of birds that utilize a unique and valuable habit to assist their long migration.  It's smack dab in the middle of RMBS and the Big Muddy Cora Is. Unit.

It was unfortunate this afternoon that we were told not to be there by what was presumably a foreman working on the Big Muddy Cora Is. Project.  We were walking to the second pool, fully embraced w/scope, cameras and bins when a pickup truck with the name Phillips( something) Co. told us to leave.  We chose to walk because of the Road Closed sign.  What harm is there in walking?  BTW, the project may not be completed for 1 to 2 years.  They are dividing an island.  No Short Eared Owls this winter there.

Bottom Line:  Bird there at your own risk weekdays.  We still will but don't expect to hear from me regarding there anytime soon.

Bryan Prather
St. Louis, Mo