Monroe County IL
Kidd Lake State Natural Area

We observed a Wilson's Phalarope at Kidd Lake today.  When entering the Nature Area follow the road over the RR tracks and continue all the way to the end.  Good habit in this area.  We also had a small Tern sitting but a little too far away to be certain of which one.
Before the RR tracks is another nice wetland.  It held a Yellow-crowned Night Heron, Little Blues im and adults, plus at least 5 Green Heron.

Levee Road near the intersection of Ivy and Long Lake roads had 6 Black Vultures in a snag.
Also in this snag were Fish Crows and a Red-shouldered Hawk at one time.  The Black Vultures would soar but always returned to that snag.  There were some Turkey Vultures there as well for a nice comparison.  Both species were adults.

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co., Mo

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/