I spent this morning at Riverlands, which provided an enjoyable diversity
of birds (63 species) once the rain stopped around 9:00. There was a
moderate amount of shorebird habitat, but diversity was low; the only
numerous species (besides Killdeer) was PECTORAL SANDPIPER, with an
estimated 140 birds. The main surprises were (1) the large number of SNOWY
EGRETS on Heron Pond; I estimated 80 or more, along with 50 or more LITTLE
BLUE HERONS, mostly adults, and (2) an immature LAUGHING GULL, studied from
the Ellis Island parking lot alongside Ring-bills. One CASPIAN and eight
BLACK TERNS were the only other larids. An adult BALD EAGLE perched high to
scan Ellis Bay for a while, and an immature eagle was along the edge of the
water at Lincoln-Shields, which otherwise had rather few birds (it's closed
to cars; one has to park and walk in).

Here's my full list:

Bill Rowe
St. Louis

ASM Fall Meeting: September 25-27, 2015 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park