Nothing at all in the poem--or in the stories of Lazarus--suggests this in any way. In fact, in the story of Lazarus and Dives the report is about greed and lack of care for the poor. The other has no content. So this is simply an imposed idea that does not fit anything in the poem.

John the Baptist was apparently not sinful; Salome asked for his head. I don't see any connection unless you think that the image is of Salome as sinful, but that is not the Lazarus story.

>>> Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]>08/23/15 6:20 PM >>>
 "I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all”—

He would apprise them of their state of sinfulness, the sin of lust.
But they would disclaim any such motive, saying "That is not it, at all."

There was earlier an allusion to John the Baptist who had his head severed and brought in upon a platter for committing such an audacity.

CR