Yes, I dimly recall the one time I did some facilitated delving into the facsimile edition being a bit surprised that Viv actually in an annotation praised Eliot's way of putting it - and sure that comment actually related to the Game of Chess part, which, given the content, made it all the more intriguing that the subject of it all had liked it so much: might well be reasonable from this to infer that, at least when feeling rational, Viv herself had a balanced and objective insight into their current marital situation.

Sent from my iPad