I suspect you've never eaten a peach in public Carrol. It is a notoriously messy fruit that can easily do in a pair of trousers, rolled or unrolled,  which raises another line to be questioned.
What is more interesting is the picture that whole set of lines creates.

Cf Portrait: "You have the scene arrange itself,  / as it will seem to do."

McLuhan called this reader participation poetry. The intervals between images resonate differently for different people.

I suppose peach was a handy rhyme for beach. Or vice versa.

Public propriety in Edwardian times was starch stiff. The whole scene symbolises a break with such attitudes. Could you imagine what would have harpooned if David debated with himself what size & shape of rock to use on big G. "Through the room...."