Nope. I didn't even suggest the statue & the Biblical reference are the same.  Go back & read what I wrote.  But if you think they are not related, then you have to justify the name and the sling shot. Then there are the Biblical references to the root of Jesse which extend the meaning of the statue. But for the sake of argument, let's say there is no connection at all between the statue & the Bible, my point is that unless you include Mikie's fixation with anatomy & power, the statue reveals nothing of his personal life. Is it just because the medium doesn't allow for it (i think that idea is a cop out),  or because of the purity of the art?

If commentary doesn't lead us into the art work instead of just being a detective game,  or some attempt (usually political) to screw up the writer's life,  then it isn't valid.
P.