I continue to be fascinated by the comparison of LSOJAP & Michelangelo's David.  David is everything Prufrock wants to be & isn't. If God is pure Act, David is pure potency, and Prufy is impotent.

Consider the construction of the statue. A piece of stone on which another sculptor had started. That forced M. to cheat on the thickness of the torso. M. abandoned the standard practise of doing a scale model. It took M. something like 72 hrs working nonstop to execute the statue (leaving the finishing for for his students). (I may have some of these details wrong,  but close).

I don't think a tech. comparison with LSOJAP is valid - different person,  different medium, different object. I am fascinated by the fact that M's personal background is irrelevant, whereas E's seems to be everything to the point that E's tech. skill & creative intuition are virtually lost sight of. yet the poem remains a cause celeb  100yrs after its creation.

Both the poem & the statue leave me speechless, & all the jabber seems  not worth talking about.