What on earth could a bald eagle be doing,  at about 6.10pm, soaring
high over the Olive Blvd. Schnucks (near the junction with Midland) in
U City? Is this common, especially given that we are in mid-July? We
were nowhere near a river.

I am not mistaken; the white head of the adult male, the body shape
and marking,  the "jizz" of the bird,...I was in a car and could not
take a photograph, but I have no doubt about it.

Could someone throw more light on this than the summer sunshine on the
bird that only added to my confusion?

Unnm no, I had not partaken of a 3-(or more) martini lunch, either.

Cheers, Deepa.