I went to see the swans and other birds at Cosmo-Bethel Park in Columbia this afternoon, and was walking around the pond when the exchange among Kathleen, Mary, and Jean was ongoing, but was unaware of it. (Ran into Mary while there).

I saw only the two adults and no signs of live or deceased cygnet.  There were very few birds compared to what had been there in recent weeks.  Perhaps the sidewalk construction activity has caused some abandonment/movement.  That would, of course, not likely apply to the cygnet.

I last went to Cosmo-Bethel a week ago on 2 July 2015.  All three swans were present then.  Did anyone see the cygnet after that date?

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO