Thanks to everyone who responded.  They appear to be Chipping Sparrow.  I finally saw one and it responded quickly to the call.  I actually watched it trill.  Doesn't there aren't Palm Warblers around, just that I've seen the sparrow and can confirm the call.

On Jul 1, 2015 5:42 PM, "Ida" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I’ve often heard Pine Warblers in the summer in south central Missouri.  That’s my guess.

From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">Edge Wade
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Lake of the Ozarks sound

Chipping sparrow?  Pine warbler?
Edge

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 1, 2015, at 8:45 AM, Dallas Hewett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Ok all you birding by ear experts.  I'm at the Lake of the Ozarks this week and ever since I've been here I've been hearing a trill that sounds just like the IBird Pro app call of a Palm Warbler.   Since it's a migrant I kinda thought they'd have moved through by now.  It's described as a dry trill.   Any thoughts?

Dallas Hewett
Andover, KS