Thanks for sharing, Steve.  I can't match that holiday sweep!

Independence Day Observation Observations:

I celebrated today by visiting one of my favorite conservation areas--Prairie Home in Cooper and Moniteau Counties.  There was a fine selection to enjoy.  Among them was a hen turkey with 2 young ones struggling awkwardly to keep up as she ran from a roaring truck.  I still think Ben Franklin was right about the better choice for a national bird!

What a pleasure to be able to drive and walk freely in natural beauty, listening and watching birds, deer, rabbits, squirrels, butterflies and flowers.  What a wonderful heritage we enjoy.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO