Re the World War One families thread - this to me was a big reminder of the terrible times which ordinary families endured then. (I managed to reunite the card with an appropriate member of that family. (Read the card writing from the wife - to me, it all renders eg the pub episode in TWL a bit of a remote caricature).
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 18 February 2015 at 18:33
Subject: Letter to Editor
To: [log in to unmask]

.....starts

Dear Sir

I recently bought at an auction about 80 Bamforth's 'song cards' from World War One, which on examination seem to have been sent by a Sittingbourne wife to her husband away at the front. The wife was a Mrs B F Dowman of Admiralty House Princes Street Sittingbourne, which it seems has now all been demolished and redeveloped.

If there are any surviving  members of this family still in the Sittingbourne area, I think they deserve to be reunited with these poignant and very personal pieces of correspondence.

Anyone interested is welcome to contact me either by email at [log in to unmask] or post at Richmond House Drigg Road Seascale Cumbria CA20 1NS

.....ends

(scans of just one of the cards attached)