Don't believe everything you hear.  Next thing you will tell us is that Caesar actually wrote the war histories attributed to him.  But, speaking of shitting--All's Quiet On The Western Front opens with a celebration of field lavatories with real wooden walls once the regiment has retreated from the front.  And the 88 survivors eat like gourmands because the allocation was for 150 so the lavatories (and tobacco) are doubly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone