please refer to my recently-forwarded post re this topic. I should have
mentioned that things got worse for that particular wife - further research
re casualty records etc revealed that another of her brothers was killed a
year or so later, so two young men from the same family were wiped-out -
doubtless not uncommon then, but almost inconceivable now.