I've just completed a 12-day birding-photoing-relaxing-camping trip across the top of Lake Superior from Sault Sainte Marie, ON, to Duluth, MN.  Here's a link (I hope) to the wierdest thing I saw, in White River, ON (apparently, the home of Winnie the Pooh).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132420034@N07/18803811740/in/dateposted-public/

I don't know why these cranes were attracted to a railroad yard.  It's not the kind of habitat I'd expect. They were just standing around, preening, and occasionally pecking in the gravel road bed.

What's the attraction?  Anybody got an idea?

Randy Korotev