The Columbia Wednesday Clark car went north to get out of the rain today.  The highlight for me came as Bill Mees and I were standing at the end of the boardwalk at Fountain Grove CA, and with my new hearing aids I heard a Least Bittern at the far end of the marsh and drew Bill's attention to it.   We stood there another minute talking about the sound they make, then turned to go back to the car.  Another Least Bittern leapt out of the reeds 30 feet from us and flew off, apparently exasperated that the people wouldn't leave.

A Greater White-Fronted Goose was at Fountain Grove, and several Bell's Vireos were heard and a few seen.  About 50 Am. White Pelicans were at Swan Lake NWR.  A Snow Goose was with Canadas in a field in Chariton Co.

High water everywhere and several roads were impassible at Fountain Grove and Swan Lake NWR.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO