Had a very nice afternoon out at Shaw Nature Reserve today.  Lots of common yellowthroats.  Also an orchard oriole.  At about 5pm there were a number of chats out in full view, vocalizing.  I'm pretty sure they included the bobwhites' call in their repertoire of mimicry.  I was surprised to see a pair of scissor tailed flycatchers, as I had not heard them reported from this location.

This will be my last report to the list as I am re-locating to Oaxaca, Mexico this week!   I just wanted to say that Missouri has been a great place to bird, and a big part of that has been this list and all its generous contributors.  I am also a fan of our local St. Louis chapter, and the MO state chapter of the Audubon Society, and of the MO Department of Conservation. I've met a lot of wonderful folks birding here, and enjoyed great habitats and great birds.  Thank you everyone!

All best,
Laura Gorman
St. Louis City

ASM Fall Meeting: September 25-27, 2015 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park