I swung by Camp Branch late this afternoon and scoped out a handful of Franklin's Gulls on the roof of the marina.  There were also two COMMON TERNS roosting with the gulls until all the birds took off.   Very soon afterwards one of the terns caught a fish and three Franklin's Gulls immediately started harassing it in an extremely fast and acrobatic aerial display......

Terry L. Miller
Kearney High School
Ecology/College Zoology/Genetics/Botany/Astronomy Teacher
816-628-4585

"It is the inherent dignity of every human person that we must strive to respect, to inspire, and to believe in....and what a great responsibility we have as teachers and role models!"

"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in."       Rachel Carson

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/