Soggy greetings!

This Sunday before the rains hit, I was able to observe a dark, dabbling duck associating with a female Mallard in Pool 10 nearer to the levee across from the old Eagle's nest.

My initial though was Mottled Duck as I saw an olive-colored bill with a small black spot on at the base of the bill. When the ducks flew to the west side of Pool 10, I saw a very fine white bar on the trailing edge of the speculum. I have uploaded some images to Flickr for viewing.

There is some question that this might be a hybrid of sorts as all the field marks don't seem to align for either American Black Duck and/or Mottled Duck.

I was able to get some fairly decent images (considering) once storm past. Hopefully they will be good enough for diagnostics. Please feel free to look at the images and weigh in with your thoughts on an identification. Here are links to those images:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/16891479093/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/16889210684/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/17323986638/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/17325458669/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/17511776755/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/17323970578/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/17511548711/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/16891436693/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar/17509577372/in/dateposted-public/

I look forward to see/hear what you aficionados have to say.

Good birding!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."   JOHN MUIR