I birded the Woods from about 9am to 1pm today.  The going was slow, but eventually I had good looks at a Blackpoll, Bay-breasted, and Redstarts.  A quick look at a Black-throated green, and a bobbing Ovenbird on the path.  Rose-breasted grosbeaks, down low.  The woods are loaded with thrushes, and vireos (how do they manage to sing AND eat?).  The GH owlet is flying from branch to branch in the usual trees.

Only saw one other birder today!  Interesting that folks who ask are surprised when you explain that you are looking at migrating birds and seeing some amazing things.

Laura Gorman
St. Louis