Louise Wilkinson and I stopped in at Little Prairie Lake to see what the rain had driven down. It was pouring when we arrived and to our surprise we saw over 50 tern. We estimate between 30 to 40 Forster's Tern and over 20 Black Tern. What was so interesting was watching them take off in mass and circle the exposed tree limbs and return. It also gave us excellent views of both species as they cruised by, especially the size difference. Very interesting. It pays to bird in the rain......

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO