This Thursday morning Kennedy Woods did not have a great variety of warblers-- yellow-rumped, and some frisky palm warblers.  Notable were a red-headed woodpecker, and good views of the adult Great Horned Owls and one fledgling.  Also a peregrine falcon and a turkey vulture.  The interior trails were more productive than the outer paved trail.

Each year I check my FOY Palm warbler in the Sibley Field Guide and always wonder if anyone has ever seen a palm to match his drawing, with the vivid russet streaks on the sides!  Mine always have fainter brownish streaks, much closer to the Peterson version.

Laura Gorman
St Louis City