Missed the Godwits and the Virginia Rails but I was rewarded for my patience at Pool 4 (by the outhouse) with an American Bittern. Heard the Konk and watched it eat a frog! Also several Sora made an appearance among the Coots and Blue-winged Teal. Also one Yellow- headed Blackbird, one female Ruddy Duck hanging out with two Pied-billed Grebes, two pairs of Wood Ducks, a Merlin, four Great Egrets, several Palm Warblers, many Yellow-Rumped Warblers, and a Warbling Vireo singing away. About 30 American White  Pelicans are still there.

Laura Pintel
Columbia, MO

Sent from my iPhone
ASM Fall Meeting: April 24-26, 2015 in Saint Louis