Thanks for the link, Charlene.  It's an excellent essay.  I like the Pete Dunne quote:

 from his 2003 book titled, Pete Dunne on Bird Watching: The How-to, Where-to, and When-to of Birding.

“The difference between a beginning birder and an experienced one is that beginning birders have misidentified few birds. Experienced birders have misidentified thousands.”

June Newman, rounding up my items for silent auction in St Louis Friday night, looking forward to the meeting!