I'll be visiting the STL area in late May (not sure when yet, but after the 22nd), and was wondering what people thought of my plans and could answer some questions. I used to live in the area, and birded a fair amount, so I have some knowledge of the area but not a ton (which is why Eurasian Tree Sparrow isn't a target).

Target species -
Henslow's Sparrow
Blue-winged Warbler
Worm-eating Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Cerulean Warbler
King Rail
Mississippi Kite
Prothonotary Warbler
Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Here's what I'm thinking: Weldon Spring CA for Henslow's Sparrow, Blue-winged, and Prairie Warblers. If anyone has tips exactly where you can see them, that'd be great. Castlewood SP for Cerulean Warbler and possibly Prothonotary Warbler. Babler SP for Worm-eating Warbler. If I want to see King Rail I pretty much have to go to BK Leach CA, but I'm not 100% sure I'll do that.

Here's my questions - Any good reliable spots for the targets I didn't mention? Would a a stop at Tower Grove Park/Forest Park be worth it if I did it right when I got there (May 24th-ish) for migrants I didn't mention, like Veery, Mourning Warbler, Hooded Warbler, etc.? Is there anywhere good for Whip-poor-wills screech-owls?

I'll be keeping up with the listserv/ebird reports to help plan my trip as well.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan Andrews
San Diego, CA