 Walked around Shaw Nature Reserve today.  Had a number of new birds for the year, Blue Grosbeak, Yellow-breasted Chat, Great Crested Flycatcher, Summer Tanager, and Eastern Wood Pewee.  There lots of warblers of both the breeding and early migrant species.  The best was a Hooded Warbler singing near the Trail House.  I could not find any Bewick's Wrens.  The area near the Trail House, where they have been the last few years, appears to have been taken over by a pair of Carolina Wrens.  I also did not see of hear any Pine Warblers.

David Becher
Saint Louis