Riverlands 4/28

The bad news: The river is way up and the shore birds are almost non-existent.   I struggled and finally found 8 Lesser Yellowlegs and 2 Solitary Sandpipers across from the Ellis Island parking lot.

The good news:  The Cliff Swallows are back in huge numbers under the Clark Bridge.  Common Yellowthroats were singing in good numbers in the tall dead grass along the trail to where the blind, now in pieces, used to be on the eastern side of Heron Pond.

I reported the blind problem and it will be looked into.