Bernie F. and I met up in Tower Grove Park Sun morning ~ 07:30.

We had a male HOODED WARBLER in the Gaddy Garden.  A not-as-happy moment
when we found a dead, apparent Red-tailed Hawk nestling, on the ground, near
the known nesting site at the west end of the GD.  Photo here:

http://smu.gs/1OX2plL

But there was still 1 adult on the nest.  It was cold Sun morning and it
seemed like it took forever for the birds to wake up.  We had Tennessee,
Orange-crowned, Nashville, Northern Parula and Yellow-rumped as well.  BF
heard a Black-throated Green.  Also singing Summer Tanager, 12 Eastern
Towhee and, conservatively, 60 White-throated Sparrow, plus 2 Rose-breasted
Grosbeak, 1 male Indigo Bunting.  On the walk out of the garden for home I
spotted a Hermit Thrush.

Mike Thelen
Univ City, StL Cnty, MO